International monitors at US polling places draw criticism
(The Hill) “United Nations-affiliated election monitors from Europe and central Asia will be at polling places around the U.S. looking for voter suppression activities by conservative groups, a concern raised by civil rights groups during a meeting this week. The intervention has drawn criticism from a prominent conservative-leaning group combating election fraud.
The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), a United Nations partner on democratization and human rights projects, will deploy 44 observers around the county on Election Day to monitor an array of activities, including potential disputes at polling places.
Liberal-leaning civil rights groups met with representatives from the OSCE this week to raise their fears about what they say are systematic efforts to suppress minority voters likely to vote for President Obama.
The request for foreign monitoring of election sites drew a strong rebuke from Catherine Engelbrecht, founder and president of True the Vote, a conservative-leaning group seeking to crack down on election fraud.
“These activist groups sought assistance not from American sources, but from the United Nations,” she said in a statement to The Hill. “The United Nations has no jurisdiction over American elections.””
I don’t personally have a problem with it. But maybe they should send out some representatives to help regulate the theft of liberal groups stealing, defacing with exrement, and urinating on Romney/Ryan yard signs. Maybe they should take into consideration those threatening riots if Obama loses? Or those asking for the assassination of Romney or giving out death threats for voting for him? Just saying; it should be a two-way street.
Please don’t assume I’m voting for Romney. I’m not. But news is news, and fair is fair. Both parties can be inappropriate and yet again, all we hear about are those “right-winged extremists”.
17 Notes/ Hide
- cheshire420 reblogged this from election and added:
- cheshire420 likes this
- kapthadon likes this
- physicsrules likes this
- happysunshinefunpatrol reblogged this from election
- happysunshinefunpatrol likes this
- unexplainedideas reblogged this from election
- texarshead likes this
- thisismyexit reblogged this from election and added:
- nerdylibertarian likes this
- aymiah likes this
- vote-veritus reblogged this from election
- rrruuuiii likes this
- karinthewoods reblogged this from election
- alternativearchetype said: At first I read this as ‘International munchies…’
- blackpolosandsweaters likes this
- kathiek said: You have got to be kidding? Obama’s campaign office in Colorado was shot at (with people inside). Death threats on President Obama are up four times. People bring guns to wave around outside of Obama’s speeches.
- election posted this